Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas cards ...

Of course it's far too late for those of you who haven't yet sent your Xmas cards. The last posting date for guaranteed pre-December 25th arrival is now gone.

However if you still haven't chosen any cards, I can't recommend Kiss Me Kwik.co.uk enough. Check out their brilliant Christmas cards. Hilarious!!

Although perhaps your grandparents might not see the funny side ...

7 Comments:

  • At 5:01 am , Blogger matty said...

    You know, I did Christmas cards last year and only received a couple. So, this year, with finances being what they are --- I decided to skip the xmas cards. Now, I've received a bunch and feel really guilty. Maybe I will send some electronic ones which would make my grandparents roll over in their respective graves!

     
  • At 9:15 am , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Nothing wrong with electronic cards, Matty, I think I will be sending the same! Okay, so paper cards are more traditional but what happens to them? You send them to your relatives, they stick them up on the shelf for a couple of weeks and then once Xmas is over, they get binned! What about the environment eh?

     
  • At 1:36 am , Blogger matty said...

    Right you are! Tomorrow I shall sit my unemployed self down and send out some holiday cards via the "e" waves!!!

     
  • At 7:33 pm , Blogger matty said...

    it won't work from here! I can't get it to take my credit card! Oy! And, all the other cards I'm finding are far too lame for me to send! D'oh!

     
  • At 7:47 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Oh no!! Sorry to hear that Matty ... try emailing them and explaining the problem? They have some choice cards and it would be a crime not to send them at Xmas time!!

     
  • At 7:50 am , Blogger matty said...

    I did email them, but so far no response. I don't think I was meant to send xmas cards this year. Next year!

     
  • At 11:08 am , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Awww not to worry then. Besides paper cards are sooo, like, last year's thing darling! Send all your pals an Xmas group text message or something!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home