Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Have a VERY Happy one ...

Well, my hubbie and I are due to head out into town for New Year's celebrations tonight. We're going to a comedy night at Barcode in Soho - here's hoping it will be worth the money we shelled out!! No, I'm sure we'll have a great time. So strange to think that yet another year is almost over...

Which just leaves me to wish all of you, my fellow bloggers and readers a good one too! And a special big THANK YOU to those of you who have taken the time to read my blog and responded with all your comments! Yes, big hugs to Lubin, Nora, Matty, Minge, Boz, Lost Boy, Thomas and Time Warden, I've really appreciated all your replies and support!! Thank you!! Also thanks to my mate Stephen (although he's a Live Journal boy so has his own agenda going on ... ) I only started blogging in September this year but have enjoyed every minute of it since then (it's positively addictive, for God's sake!!) For me, it's opened up a whole new world of information and most importantly, a new way of getting to know other people! And very lovely and interesting people too! (Especially the ones that like Dr Who - such a relief to know I'm not a lone geek). So here's to a prolonged and fulfilling existence as a blogger.

Whatever you're doing to celebrate the New Year, I hope you have a fabulous time tonight!! Till 2007, enjoy yourselves...

10 Comments:

  • At 5:29 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    And all the best to you, sweet pea.

     
  • At 8:23 pm , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Happy New Year, Simon. I've enjoyed all our exchanges. Here's to many more...

    Tim

     
  • At 11:03 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Happy New Year!!!! Hope you two are having a funtabulous time!!!!
    love and kisses from GayTown
    matty

     
  • At 11:42 am , Blogger Minge said...

    Happy new year!

     
  • At 3:18 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Thanks guys!!

    Well I've been recovering from a hangover for the most part of today ... and back to work tomorrow ... uggggh!! Still it's been a great break.

    Trust you all had an excellent New Years? What did you all get up to?

     
  • At 10:39 pm , Blogger Lubin said...

    Happy New Year from New York!!!

     
  • At 12:05 am , Blogger Boz said...

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    Here's to more excellent posts in 2007, Cheeser!!

    Have a good'un.

     
  • At 10:25 am , Blogger Minge said...

    I did rude things to myself.

     
  • At 12:20 pm , Blogger thomas said...

    happy new year to you and Gu too, Sir!

    Simon decided to stop drinking for a while after Boxing Day, so I thought it best to do the same, we did that last year at the same time too. It's probably a good thing! So we stayed in and watched Graham Norton's End of the year Quiz, Little Britain Abroad and Jools Hollands musical NYE extravaganza. Not too bad but rather boring i'm afraid! :-)

     
  • At 1:08 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Thanks again me laddos - and for your kind words, Boz - cheers!

    Lubin - New York and Grey Gardens sounded good, although sorry to hear you were holed up in your hotel room feeling poorly ...

    And Minge - how naughty! Still, if Hogmanay is cancelled, I guess that's the next best thing to do eh?

    Thomas - sounds like you were the most sensible of all - what good boys you are!! Well staying in was probably cheaper than going out. We hadn't planned on venturing out originally so going to Barcode was a last minute thing - turned out to be good if slightly pricey!

    I enjoyed Little Britain Abroad - very saucy! Dawn French as Vicky Pollard's mum was hilarious!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home