Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Friday, December 22, 2006

HOLIDAY!! CELEBRATE!!

Yes I am now on holiday!! Hoorah!! Finished work this lunchtime today. Then went to a local pub with some of my workmates. Spent the afternoon having some drinks and chatting to people which was rather nice. Soooo nice to kick back, relax and not have to think about work for a week or two. And in a couple of days, me and my hubbie are off oooop north to the historic city of York (aka Eboracum; aka Jorvik) to spend some time with my family, which I'm looking forward to a lot. (Fog and bad weather permitting - still it's those poor souls who are flying that I feel sorry for, I pray the horrid weather goes SOON!).

What are YOU doing for your Christmas hols? Do tell ...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:50 am , Blogger matty said...

    My pal, Ing (of I SMELL BEAR blog) is coming over Xmas Eve --- to join me and my man, B, and several other friends to watch/listen to the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus perform at The Castro Theatre. Then, the three of us are coming back here and having a sleep over!!! We will watch bad movies and eat very bad food. They might drink. We will probably open pressies.

    ...then, we are having a massive Xmas dinner. B and Ing are cooking. I am in charge of music (Expect lots of Goldfrapp and some holiday stuff) and cleaning.

    It will be a total blast! ...then I really need to find a job. ...Or, it's back to working the streets. And, I really feel I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for that method of earning my bread. ...and, B seems a bit bothered by it as well.

     
  • At 11:21 am , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Matty - sounds like you've got a fun-packed Christmas lined up with lots of groovy activities! Excellent stuff. I bet the Gay Men's Chorus are amazing. (Was it them who sang on "Go West" by the Pet Shop Boys?) The bad movie viewing sounds great too - what are you planning on watching?

    Good music at Xmas time is essential. Alison Goldfrapp is one weird and wonderful lady. Have you heard her rendition of Olivia Newton John's "Physical"? It's fabulous!

    Yes, I think your days as one of T J's Hookers are well and truly over. Lol. Time to retire gracefully eh. But on a slightly more serious note I'm sure you'll find a decent job soon. In the meantime, kick back and enjoy the Xmas break, you deserve it!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home