Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Parisian Stag night

At last, I bring you some pics from the Parisian stag-night extravaganza which I went on last month:

Me and the boys cracking open the bubbly dans La Eurostar

The then groom-to-be (that's him waving) and pals

Arrival at the Gare Du Nord (Paris doesn't know what's hit it...)

Enjoying a proper (and very lengthy) French meal in a typical Parisian brasserie

Mon dieu! Some truly humungous prawns

The groom gets smashed

Erm, where's he going now?

A lovely-looking location (actually Pigalle - the red-light area)

On some steps near Montmartre, in the very early hours of the morning

And there you have it! Au revoir...

7 Comments:

  • At 1:14 pm , Blogger Samarcand said...

    I remember the Sexodrome!

    Erm... that sounded dodgy didn't it? I'd just like to point out that I lived on the other side of the Butte Montmartre for eighteen months so I did sometimes get over to Pigalle. Although never to visit the Sexodrome. There were far better sex shops...

     
  • At 1:25 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Mmmm and how would YOU know eh?? It's all coming out now. And I bet you were a go-go dancer on the quiet too, weren't you?

     
  • At 2:56 pm , Blogger matty said...

    I wanna go to the french sex shoppe!

     
  • At 6:02 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Please do Matty and tell me what the products are like - I'm dying to know ...

     
  • At 1:02 pm , Blogger thomas said...

    Hey, you should post some pictures from your "Pink Pony Night" too :-)

    (I'm still not sure whether that term actually exists or whether you just made it up. it's definitely a marketing niche...)

     
  • At 3:38 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    I made it up, Thomas ...

    For those of you who are wondering exactly what we're talking about, "pink pony night" is a term I coined to describe my "stag" night with my friends (my last night of freedom before I got married). As I am a gay man I wouldn't technically class myself as classic "stag" material. I'm hardly a macho straight boy after all.

    Then again I would like to think I have some fairly manly traits somewhere (I can imagine several of my friends sniggering as they read this now) and so am not really a "hen" either, nor am I female (obviously). So I thought it was high time a new phrase was invented for a gay man's "final night of freedom". "Pink pony" has nicely camp connotations whilst maintaining an animal reference (like hen or stag). And just like so many gay men, ponies are graceful, charming, gentle creatures. An appropriate kind of animal then. And of course there is the allusion to My Little Pony ...

    There you go. I'm sure you all REALLY appreciated that explanation, didn't you?

     
  • At 3:40 pm , Blogger Glenda Young said...

    What a lovely group of young men you all appear to be!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home