Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Season's greetings...


Well, I am now in York!! Hoorah!! Got here with Gustavo this afternoon and am now chilling out at my Mum's. Looking forward to a few days' relaxation, eating, drinking, giving and receiving gifts, hanging out with my nearest and dearest and generally making merry!

Which just leaves me to wish you all a very..

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:46 am , Blogger matty said...

    Hope you have a fantastic Christmas, doll! Sending you a big hug from GayTown!
    matty

     
  • At 1:59 am , Blogger matty said...

    I hope things are holding up in York -- or, that you're holding them up!

    Hey! B made me Yorkshire Pudding in honor of my British family history. however, from what I can gather my Brit ancestors were so poor that they probably only nibbled at roots and berries wishing for rain so that they might bathe. I come from a long line of white trash.

    But, the pudding (which was really more like a soft/mushy roll) was quite yummy.

     
  • At 2:53 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Thanks for all your good wishes Matty ... bless ya! York doesn't really qualify as "Gay Town" but big hugs back to you nevertheless ...

    Things were good in York and it all went by rather quickly. Spent time at home sampling my Mum's delicious cooking, going out to a few York bars with my brothers, watching TV (Dr Who on Xmas Day being THE highlight of course), spending lots of money in the post-Xmas sales and so forth. Anyhow, am now back in London town where it's wet and not very nice, but at least I have a few more days before returning to work - yaaay!

    Incidentally how's the job hunt progressing?

    That's fab that your fella made Yorkshire Pudding (do you have relatives from there?) And glad you enjoyed it. Personally I'm not much of a fan, but I've eaten far worse things in my time ...

    Hilarious description of your ancestors, I am intrigued ...

     
  • At 12:56 am , Blogger matty said...

    ...I don't know much about my ancestors, but both sides of my family came to the US from London. They were the Stansfield's, the Swilley's and the Seaman's --- a few hundred years later and my father's family name is "Stanfield" ---- I know that both sides were dirt poor. ? London. ...left for better opportunities and ended up in Texas and Louisana. I think that was in the early 1800's. Not sure.

    I've applied for 8 jobs but no one is really looking till after the holidays. So, fingers crossed! I need a job! Fast! LOL!

    Toodles! Hope you bought many cool things!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home