Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Sue Ellen and Mandy

And for no particular reason whatsoever, other than the fact that I love it and it's nearly Christmas, here is one of my favourite ever scenes from "Dallas", the Texas-based soap opera of the 1970s/80s. Sue-Ellen, long suffering wife of JR Ewing, now runs her own successful female underwear company known as Valentine Lingerie. Against her better judgement, she has re-hired model Mandy Winger to publicise their products again, in spite of the fact that Mandy had an affair with JR whilst working for her previously. However, Sue Ellen has just found out Mandy's real motives for returning to the company and summons Mandy to her office...

Watch and be gripped by the fantastic acting! No irony intended whatsoever! But I for one say - you go, Sue-Ellen!! You're a diva and a victor!!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:19 am , Blogger matty said...

    You know, there is nothing I hate more than being summoned to my boss' office, being called a "useless piece of facial tissue" and having to look at a pink PC. I hate it when that happens.

    Last time this happened, my exit was thwarted due to the extreme size of my hat. No. Wait. That was no hat! It was my hair!

    Ah, DALLAS. I don't think I ever watched it much except that night they told us who shot JR. And, who would have ever guessed it was Bing Crosby's daughter?!?!

    I think I enjoyed DYNASTY a bit more thanks to those infamous cat fights where Joan Collins and that other lady tore each other up.

     
  • At 6:31 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Ha ha ha .... yes I can see a large brimmed hat might cause problems when trying to fit through a door. And as for being called a "disposable piece of facial tissue" ... well!! All I can say is, I would hate to have Sue Ellen Ewing as my boss and get on the wrong side of her. Still that Winger tramp thoroughly deserved it and "I'm cutting you off you viper" is one of the BEST so-bad-it's-good lines EVER. As is "Came back to help me?? You came back to help yourself - to MY husband"!! Go Sue Ellen!!

    Yes Dynasty was fab and the Alexis and Krystle bitch fights were brilliant! I really hope they bring out Series Two on DVD ... hurry up!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home