Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Dr's New Assistant? Move over Freema Agyeman....

Another reason why last Friday's TV was essential viewing.

David Tennant appeared as the guest host on "The Friday Night Project", which included a hilarious Dr Who skit with him as the Dr's assistant. Mmm, can you spot him in the photo above?


Bravo for Mr Tennant for having the guts to don a skirt and heels and for taking the p*ss out of the whole assistant role-thing. (And later on in the show he also did a good send-up of H from Steps in the Big Brother house). Could this be a storyline for a future episode? Perhaps the Dr and his female assistant could swap places, as it were ... Well, something to think about if the scriptwriters run out of ideas.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:23 am , Blogger matty said...

    That looks too funny!

    Hey! A pal is going to loan me his Dr Who dvd collection next month. ...I guess he is doing some sort of January Dr Who study or something! LOL! ...but I shall know of it soon!!!

     
  • At 9:36 am , Blogger Minge said...

    Not taking oneself too seriously is a very good sign, indeed.

    I had a dreal last night that DT revealed to JLC and AC that he is definitely leaving the show mid series four.

    Aaaggghhh!

     
  • At 11:30 am , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Matty - hoorah! At last you will get the Dr Who education you have been so sorely lacking. Everything will fall into place after that, trust me!

    Minge - totally, if you can't laugh at yourself, what's the point?

    A "dreal"? Do you mean "dream" by any chance? Mmm interesting, I wonder if it will come true. Who are JLC and AC? Showing my ignorance ... are they the guys from Friday Night Project? I think they are aren't they?

     
  • At 6:52 pm , Blogger matty said...

    I just wish I understood why I have to wait til Feb to borrow his DVD collection. He will not really give me an answer. It's like a Dr. Who secret project for Jan I suspect.

     
  • At 10:24 am , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Maybe he hasn't watched them yet? Or perhaps he's loaning them out to a few other people first. Kind of a library service. Dr Who is very in demand you know.

     
  • At 4:31 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    Justin Lee Collins and Alan Carr.

     
  • At 5:03 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Thank you Mr Minge!

     
  • At 5:42 pm , Blogger kleverkloggs said...

    Mmmmmm love those silver man-boobs.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home