Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Five Useless Facts: About Me

Okay, I have been tagged by fabulous Scots blogger Minge.

So now I have to present five useless facts all about ME. Or not so useless, depending on your point of view.

Well, here goes, boys and girls, brace yourselves ...

1. I didn't meet my real father until I was about 28 years old. When I did it all went brilliantly. My dad is an amazing, zany guy who acts far younger than his age and lives in the fabulous city of Amsterdam. By a bizarre coincidence, on a previous visit to Amsterdam, I actually walked down the street where he lived before we'd even met.

2. The first album (LP) I ever got was the soundtrack to "Flash Gordon" by Queen. Or "Dare" by the Human League. I can't quite remember which came first.

3. When "Making Your Mind Up" by Bucks Fizz came out as the UK Eurovision entry in the early 1980s, one of my friends and I did our own version of the whip-off skirts routine performed by singers Cheryl Baker and Jay Aston. We used to go up to my Mum's wardrobe and take out a skirt or two and then pretend one of the fellas (Mike Nolan? Bobby Gee?) was whipping it off. Then we both let out big girlie screams. Sadly a career as showgirls / strippers didn't happen for either of us.

4. I once played a butler in an amateur production of an Oscar Wilde play. My only two lines were: "Tea is served in the yellow drawing room, my Lord" and "Dr Daubeney's carriage!"

5. I am a qualified Secondary teacher. I did my PGCE in Brighton and then taught in a couple of schools in London. However I soon realised that teenagers can be a handful and packed it in. Probably the worst thing I had said to me was by a 12 year old girl (who shall remain nameless) who told me to "Go f*ck myself, you penis butthead!" Ahem. Young lady, if you're out there I hope you're utterly ashamed by your behaviour and are still racked with guilt!

Right then, I'm tagging:

Matty
Lubin
Nora
Boz
Time Warden

Look forward to reading your own "facts", my lovelies...

6 Comments:

  • At 7:44 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Hey, Teach! My facts are now exposed for the www to see. I love your list of facts. I wish mine included cross dressing. Sadly, it doesn't. I fear I would look like Sandy Bernhard. ...whom I do love, but do not really want to look like.

     
  • At 11:39 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Hey Matty! Just been over to your blog and taken a look. Well done, Mister Man! Don't worry, we can't all be trannies. You've still come up with lots of fun facts! And like I said, it's all integral to YOU!

     
  • At 12:09 am , Blogger Minge said...

    Yummy.

     
  • At 1:34 pm , Blogger Glenda Young said...

    Ooh, just seen this on your blog but I was tagged earlier this week by someone else. I decided to do 5 Things I Don't Know About Me instead... haha!

     
  • At 6:08 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    No problem Nora! It must be the week for taggging ... I am intrigued by the sound of your "5 Things I Don't Know About Me" though, must check that out. Would be quite hard to write I can imagine ...

     
  • At 11:51 pm , Blogger Boz said...

    Tag accepted! Read on! Though I think yours are more interesting.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home