Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

She's aaaaaaaart

Jackie Goody has been evicted from the BB house!!

Well, personally I'm not very sorry. I thought she was a bit of nightmare. And frightfully common to boot. She's got a voice like gravel. Her language would reduce the filthiest person alive to complete silence. She farts continually in public. And she couldn't even pronounce fellow housemate Shilpa's name properly. Need I say more? Ken Russell's reference to the Goody family as "guttersnipes" was not only hilarious but also disturbingly accurate.

Daughter Jade is however, distraught. Oh pull yourself together girl, you'll see yer Mum in a couple of weeks.

And Leo Sayer seems almost back to normal. Thank heavens for small mercies. Perhaps he was just temporarily possessed by the spirit of Jackie.

12 Comments:

  • At 11:33 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    Although I think she's vile and annoying, I will miss her. She stirred things up in the house and was total entertainment.

     
  • At 12:14 am , Blogger matty said...

    Is she a celeb? I don't recognize her.

     
  • At 2:59 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Bringing in the Goodys, their name alone a contradiction if ever there was one, has backfired big-time. Look at the enormous drop in ratings. I caught Jade, I assume as the sound was muted, kissing Jo good night and felt sorry for Ms O'Meara even if they probably have plenty in common!

    Strange thing, names. Consider this. Bill Oddie was a Goodie but the Goodys are very much Oddities. Forgive me but I love playing with words!

     
  • At 8:59 am , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Minge - true enough. I'd dread meeting her in real life but in terms of TV she was top vieiwing. And yeah, technically I wouldn't class her as a celeb. The same thing went through my mind. Her "fame" derives from being Jade's Mum of course but is this reason enough to send her and Jade's boyfriend into the house? Debatable.

    Time Warden - Indeed, "Goody" is a misnomer! (How about "Chavvy"??!) Ms O'Meara may be a Romford girl but she has distinctly more class than La Famille Goody.

    Bill Oddie was a different proposition altogether!

     
  • At 9:37 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Chav's good! To think, Cassandra thought Rose one when, in comparison, she's positively posh!!

     
  • At 5:40 pm , Blogger kleverkloggs said...

    Well at least she's out of her dimella, and Shepla will be relieved.

     
  • At 5:45 pm , Blogger matty said...

    I still do not know who she is and why she was admited as a celeb. ???

     
  • At 10:01 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Matty - see my previous comments. No, she ain't much of a celeb, sweetie. The main reason she was "let in" was cos she's the Mum of Jade Goody, a previous BB contestant who became very famous ...

    Time Warden - yes Rose Tyler undoubtedly had more class than Jackie (Goody not Rose's Mum!) Even if she did sometimes drop her "h"s! And came from a council estate (oooh bitchy!)

    Kleverkloggs - yes I'm sure Shilpa is utterly relieved! I think Jackie was pretty mean to her really.

     
  • At 10:42 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Oh, I didn't understand. So, she is the mother of some reality TV celeb.

    ...that shouldn't count as a celeb.

    I chatted with Lindsey Lohan regarding a job once. Does this make me eligble!?!?!

    Wow! I'm a celebrity by association!!! yay!

     
  • At 8:27 am , Blogger Minge said...

    Did you see Jackiey's Extreme Makeover?

     
  • At 9:08 am , Blogger Samarcand said...

    Gosh. She's an attractive lady. Something for all us trannies to aspire to, I think.

    Y'know. It's reading your blog that makes me ever so glad I have never seen more than about two minutes of any flavour of Big Brother. And ever more determined not to see any more of it.

    Why yes, I am a snob. Why do you ask?

     
  • At 12:20 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Minge - I take it the makeover has already occurred?

    Samarcand - Do I detect a note of sarcasm when commenting about our Jackie? I can't imagine why.

    Well, BB ain't everyone's tasse du the. It's all a matter of personal taste ...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home