Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Jo O'Moaner?

Just seen Jo O'Meara on the local news.

Apparently, since leaving the Big Brother house, her life has been "totally shattered". Public response to her has been deeply hostile and she's now seeing a behavioural psychologist as well as taking prozac. She believes that the programme should be scrapped by Channel Four and that it has done "terrible things" to her.

Give me a break, love. One, does it not occur to you that all of this has now kicked off because of your actions in the house before? Because of the bullying? Two, ever heard of the term "victim complex"? And do you know how that applies to you? Three, have you also heard of the expression "passing the buck"? Why are you turning things round and blaming it all on someone/something else? Take some bloody responsibility for your actions!

Being a generous and open-minded kind of person (!!) I guess I can just about forgive Ms O'Meara for her behaviour. She has claimed not to be a racist and that she would like to sit down with Shilpa and talk things through. Fair enough.

But when celebrities like her sit whinging about how unfairly they've been treated, coming over all sad-eyed a la Princess Diana and trying to invoke as much public sympathy as they can, it really gets my back up. Stop trying to make people feel sorry for you, Jo. Stop the drama queen antics. You made your own bed, now you've got to lie in it. The BB house didn't "do it" to you. You did this to yourself.

Gosh, I'm a meanie aren't I?

(After all this bitching I hope I don't get my redundancy package taken away from me!! I'm not trying to provoke bad karma!! Honest!!)

7 Comments:

  • At 9:48 pm , Blogger Lost Boy said...

    How much longer can she wring out publicity from her shambolic appearance on the show? If it's ruined her life maybe she could concentrate on rebuilding it or something.

     
  • At 7:17 am , Blogger Steve said...

    Don't worry mate... if anyone is suffering from bad karma it's Jo!

    I do think the Big Brother should have intervened and nipped things in the bud before they got this out of hand - after all, it's now become a tasteless with-hunt in the press - but Jo, Danielle and Jade all have to take responsibility for the things that they said: I didn't see any scripts lying around, telling them what to say. The buck, as your rightly point out, stops with them.

     
  • At 3:10 pm , Blogger matty said...

    I don't think you're a meanie. I think what you wrote is true.

    Besides, it all seems so calculated and PR-driven.

    The main goal is attention from the press. She is really loving it. I just know it.

    (LOL! Now, I'm the meanie and I've not even seen the show!)

     
  • At 7:13 pm , Blogger Glenda Young said...

    It's like those celebs who go into the jungle only to complain about the spiders. What did she expect?

     
  • At 11:10 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    I think they should lock Jo in a room to watch some old black and white Alf Garnett episodes!

    I can't believe the Police are spending so much time investigating "CBB". I'm going to make a citizen's arrest of the investigating officer for wasting Police time. If they spent half as much time on more important matters the streets might feel just that little bit safer...

     
  • At 12:23 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    It's a sad and sorry world we live in.

     
  • At 9:57 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Thank you for contributing to the debate, folks.

    Emailhosting.com - What an interesting name! Was that on your birth certificate? And thank you for confirming that I am not a meanie.

    Lost Boy - Agreed. These nobody celebs milking it for all it's worth...

    Steve - Thank you. Yes I think nasty old Jo will be getting her comeuppance rather than me. And yes, BB should have stepped in earlier but it's also true that the witches should have known where to stop.

    Matty - Cheers babe. But in all honesty, I think that Jo and co could only be enjoying the publicity in a weird way - after all it's negative publicity and it hasn't exactly done their careers much good has it??

    Nora - Yes indeed. She should have known what she was getting herself into.

    Time Warden - I know what you mean. Just because it's celebrities doing and saying bad stuff the police spend an inordinate amount of time investigating - if these were ordinary people I bet they wouldn't get anywhere near as much attention/time spent on them. Hardly fair, is it?

    Minge - Now don't be negative, pet! It's only sad and sorry if your name is Jade, Jo, or Danielle. Oh and if you've recently been in the CBB house. Obviously I don't want to taint anyone else called Jade, Jo or Danielle...I'm sure there's a few nice ones out there somewhere...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home