Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

In between jobs...

That's me, darlings.

Well, "On the dole" doesn't have such a glamorous ring to it, does it?

Yep, my second official non-work day is now over. And it's all been rather nice so far. I could get used to it, living the hedonistic life of a pampered housewife whilst my hubbie goes out to earn the dough.

Yesterday
I celebrated my very first official non-work day by getting out of bed late (well, 10am, not too bad), going to the gym, coming home and taking it easy. To be honest it hasn't felt THAT strange not going into work - perhaps a sign that I was ready for the break all along eh - what does that say about me? I certainly don't miss the daily grind of getting on the bloody tube with the ranks of other commuters, that's for sure.

The rest of the time I've done some job application prep, sent emails to friends, watched some DVDs and relaxed. And I'm really looking forward to my trip to Wales a week from today- lots of beautiful scenery to see apparently - it will definitely be nice to have a break before I knuckle down to the real world of work again. But then again, who's to say that work has to be "real"? What IS real? Try asking Sam Tyler. Talking of which...

4 Comments:

  • At 6:02 pm , Blogger Steve said...

    Enjoy life without the grindstone while it lasts!

     
  • At 11:02 pm , Blogger matty said...

    Isn't Bonnie Tyler from Wales?

    Give her my regards and a big kiss!

    I do so love Bonnie Tyler!

     
  • At 10:20 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Steve - Cheers matey!

    Matty - Indeed she is, I'll have to look her up whilst I'm there!

     
  • At 4:23 pm , Blogger thomas said...

    have a good time in Wales, are you going to Pen-eee-goys after all?? sorry we couldn't join you...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home