Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Friday, May 11, 2007

Let's go outside....

...as that spliff-smoking old fudge-nudger George Michael once said. Or sang.

After our excursion into the deep, dark caves we simply HAD to get some fresh air. So we wondered round the village of Cheddar...

...which has lovely old houses like this one...

...and this. Aaaaah, idyllic...

We then climbed a path of 274 steps (!!) built up the side of the Gorge, known as Jacob's Ladder. There's a watchtower at the top which provides a 360 degree view of the entire area and village.

Gu and friend taking a breather...well, there were an awful lot of steps to climb...

Someone looking a touch weary...

And I thought the escalators in the tube were taxing...

All along the watchtower!! For some reason it reminds me of a metallic version of The Wicker Man. Why do I have to get a TV/Film reference in everywhere?

View from the top of the Watch Tower!! Impressive eh? Actually there were better views to be seen, one of which was Glastonbury Tor in the distance...

Mmm. Isn't it bracing and nice up here?

Look at all the fabulous pics I've taken on my camera! No love, you should be looking at the VIEW! Honestly!

Help me! Someone's trying to push me off the radio telescope, I mean Watch Tower!! Noooooooooooooooo!!!

Such charming girlies!!

We then set off on the Cliff Top Gorge Walk. However it was rather stoney and silly us hadn't brought proper walking shoes, so we didn't last that long. Doh.

Posing on the rock. Twas another glorious hot day. Bliss!

Ahem. What a BAD example we're all setting. Like a set of unruly school children...

Macho, macho man!! Perhaps.

Gustavo as Tarzan. Without the loin cloth.

After the walk we descended to ground level and found a very dramatic waterfall in the village...

Nice group shot of the posse. Gustavo is scoffing an ice cream, hence his odd expression...

Me as Marilyn Monroe in Niagara, anyone?

Nothing very nature-like here, but this Mini caught our eye, stationed in a Cheddar Car Park. You can't see all the details here but it was a tribute to Hello Kitty and looked rather splendid, inside and out.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:14 pm , Blogger Steve said...

    I've visited Cheddar a couple of times myself too. Fab place. Did you see the Lion's Rock?

     
  • At 8:47 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    Delicious! Loved seeing you play Tom Baker and Marilyn Monroe! You are hot stuff! As is Gustavo. Showing his belly - very erotic!

    I've been up Jacob's Ladder. Strange to see you following in Minge's footsteps.

     
  • At 6:00 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Steve - Erm, no, I don't remember the Lion's Rock...Is that on the cliff top walk?

    Minge - Thank you for all your saucy compliments Mister! Yes, I think Gustavo is okay showing off his belly - mine is a little less, slim, shall we say...

    Ah so you went there too!

     
  • At 4:12 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    You are still delicious, my love!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home