Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Video of the Fortnight - Alex Gaudio feat Crystal Waters - Destination Calabria

It's back, back, BACK!! Yes, after a temporary hiatus, Video of the Fortnight returns.

This time I've chosen a current number called "Destination Calabria". Actually I don't know why it's called that cos the hook in the song refers to "Destination Unknown". Mmm. It features the vocals of Crystal Waters, whom I'm sure many of you will remember from that song of old "Gypsy Woman". "La da dee, la dee da..." Remember? Not, erm, the most eloquent of lyrics. Actually I'm not that keen on Ms Waters - her voice has a kind of jaded, clapped-out quality to it and I don't rate her very highly on the singing scale. But "Destination"
is still a really sassy, sexy tune (last weekend it was playing at G.A.Y. and really got me and my pals moving on the dancefloor! Yay!)

As for the video...well, a bit of a perv's paradise really. Especially if you're a straight man. The girls' skirts are skimpy to say the least and they're obviously into more than just playing their instruments. But I love the cheeky, naughty quality of the whole thing. A bangin' song and video!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:03 pm , Blogger Jobove - Reus said...

    que podemos decirnos, nos miramos a los ojos y lloramos

    saludos desde Reus Catalunya

     
  • At 2:34 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Looks like they got a job lot on their green panties! Never has an alto saxophone been so lovingly stroked!!

    I wonder if the wee lassies really know how to play their instruments? Didn't hear many bum notes! Saw a few though!!

     
  • At 9:25 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Reus - Thank you for your comment, unfortunately I don't speak your language but you're saying something about my writing! Thanks!

    Tim - Yes I think you're right! Nothing like a good bit of sax eh? And too many bum bits for good!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home