Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Friday, August 17, 2007

The Chav Strikes Back

'allo again, darlings. It's Donna again. And look I'm actually ... smiling!! Would you adam and eve it? And you know why I'm crackin' a grin? Well first off, cos me old mate the Cheeser looks like he's gonna be buying an 'ouse soon. But second and more important, he's asked me to say a bit THANKS to those of you who have already sent in your Dr Who stories ... you are all diamond geezers!! Good on yer!!

And, as for the rest of ya ... and you KNOW who you are ... all I gotta say is ...

GET YER BLEEDIN' ARSES IN GEAR!!!


Please.

Cheers.

Okay, just popping off to 'ave a few diamond whites and babychams with the girls, it's Friday night yer know. I fancy pullin' a real fit bloke tonight, any applicants?

Ta Ta
D xxxx

5 Comments:

  • At 1:19 pm , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    You know, I would love to do this one (so to speak) but our TV hasn't even started screening the next epsiode yet!! We start here with the Runaway Bride tomorrow night, and I will be having to chew on a clothes peg so I don't give the game away to my kids. I guess I should have shown restraint and not read your blogs but, damn it, they were sooo beguiling I just had to!

     
  • At 3:34 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Hi Sagittarian - thank you! But don't worry as I didn't even tag you - although more ideas are always welcome of course!

    I see from your profile you're in NZ - nice to know you're watching Dr Who all the way over there! And weaning your kids on it too! Are they enjoying it?

    Thanks for your kind coments on my blog - glad you're enjoying the reviews (and thanks for wading through them!)

     
  • At 10:58 pm , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    My kids love it. There is serious debate in the house today as the new Dr Who starts at the same time as the all new Simpsons.
    Mind you, awhile ago I went to the video store and rented some of the very much earlier ones for them to see (the ones where Jon Pertwee was Himself) and they weren't that impressed. Goes to show how far the special effects have come I reckon. Happy hangover.

     
  • At 12:55 am , Blogger Minge said...

    I am on the case. I promise. I just need a wee bit of time without interruption.

     
  • At 12:40 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Sagitarrian - That's good to know. Dr Who vs The Simpsons - no contest in my opinion!!

    No that's not entirely true, I think the Simpsons is a very witty and well made show and like the Muppets used to, it works on different levels - it can be appreciated by both kids and adults.

    Interesting that your offspring weren't so interested in old Who! It's true that production values have come a long way since. With today's generation of kids they're most likely not going to be impressed with cheapo special effects and a BBC budget of 20p! Also the whole style of the new show is a lot faster-moving and more energetic which kind of reflects audiences' demands in general - people are a a lot less patient when it comes to TV and need something that will keep them constantly engaged...Gosh I'm being deep aren't I?

    Minge - That's alright pet, in your own time! I know it will be a Minge meisterwork so it's worth the wait! (But don't take too long or the ginger chav will be after you...)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home