Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm still waiting

No, I'm not a blind girl and my name is not Diana Ross.

I'm still waiting to hear the bank's decision on the valuation of the flat we want to buy. The actual valuation/survey was done nearly a week ago, now we just need to know if it was okay and if the bank is prepared to lend us the money.

And we STILL haven't heard! I've been like a cat on a hot tin roof all day. I haven't been sleeping properly. I really need to calm down. But our mortgage broker told me we'd know by now ... how long are these things meant to take?!

Pray for me, readers.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:55 pm , Blogger Steve said...

    Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you...

     
  • At 8:26 am , Blogger newplanet said...

    Banks are shits. I know - I used to work for one.

    This whole getting a mortgage thing sounds nerve-wracking. If it's any consolation, by the sounds of things, it's never plain sailing for anyone - but it normally all works out perfectly in the end.

    Good luck!

     
  • At 3:23 pm , Blogger Minge said...

    Calm down, dear. It's only a mortgage.

    Don't fret, hen. It'll all work out. These things are formalities by and large. I used to sell mortgages for a living.

    And as for the Doctor Who thing. Please give me until next week. I'm a c**t.

     
  • At 3:32 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Thanks Steve!

    Newplanet - Yes! There's a good few hurdles to get over. But yep consoling to know that many are in the same boat.

    Hello Minge, or should I say Michael "Sleazy" Winner? Indeed, it should all work out. In fact I should have some news very soon.

    How strange, just posted a not-very-subtle message on your own blog. But of course I can give you a wee bit longer. I know you'll be producing a masterpiece in your own inimitable style. Just don't send an audio version. Remember what happened last time?

    S x

     
  • At 6:44 pm , Blogger matty said...

    I've bought two condos -- granted I think it is a bit different in the US, but so much of this stuff is "Hurry up and wait" ---- just close your eyes and take a few deep breaths --- I'm sure it is going to be just fine. But, now I do believe you're at the weekend so you might not know anything till Monday.

    ...but I bet that home is yours!!!

    I've got all my fingers and toes crossed!

     
  • At 7:14 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Thank you Matty and I actually have some news since I wrote this...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home