Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Quote of the week - Show Business

This week I present to you some Show Biz-themed quotes....enjoy.

And PURLEASE email me some more juicy lines, peeps! The only person who has so far responded is Salty Sailor. You can all do better than this! Send me anything you like!

"I am Big! It's the pictures that got small!" - Gloria Swanson, Sunset Boulevard (1950)

"I could eat a can of Kodak and puke a better movie!" - Kim Novak, The Mirror Cracked (1980)

"You're the times in Times Square! You're the broad in Broadway!" - Agent to Joan Crawford, Torch Song (1953)

"My dear boy, one does need a little talent in this business - but not ncessarily for acting" - Jan Sterling, The Female Animal (1958)

"It's your music that's bringing all these talented boys together. They ought to get down on their knees!" - June Havoc to Steve Guttenberg, in reference to the Village People, Can't Stop the Music (1980)

You see? I've run out already!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:21 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Funniest thing I've heard recently, as well as being rather sad, was Brian of BB8 proclaiming Shakespeare not a proper writer because he hadn't written for Disney only some arty farty film about "Romeo and Juliet"!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home