Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Friday, August 17, 2007

Update

Okay, after much fretting by the Cheeser about you know what, I finally got this email from my broker this morning:

"Excellent news, your mortgage has been offered. I have received the copy of the offer letter and will now review it to confirm everything is in order."


In other words, the valuation on the flat was fine and the bank are happy to lend us the money!!

Yes, yes, YESSSSSSSSSSS!!


Okay, we've still got to get through all the stuff with the solicitors, but that should just be paperwork and a formality.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!

Our first place to call our own!! I'm very excited ... and a fitting end to the week, I might add.

Okay, I'm off to crack open the bubbly. Celebrations are in order...

And thanks very much to all of you for your best wishes and for sending positive vibes through the blog-o-sphere. Obviously it worked!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:57 pm , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    Thats great news, welcome to "landed Gentry" status!! I well remember when I bought my first house, and trust me here, you will probably need another bottle. :-)

     
  • At 10:42 am , Blogger Steve said...

    Nice one! Good news is always worth waiting for!

     
  • At 3:35 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Thanks peeps!!

    Sagittarian - believe me, I had several bottles last night...more than enough for now.

    Steve - You're right!!

     
  • At 12:56 am , Blogger Minge said...

    Huzzah!

     
  • At 12:22 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Huzzah indeed, Monsieur Mingecus!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home