Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Video of the Fortnight - Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again

Ditzy me almost forgot to post this. Sometimes there's just TOO much going on in my life.

For once I can't be a*sed to write much about this except:

1. It's one of my favourite Eurythmics tracks - a brilliant, haunting (God I hate that word sometimes - such a cliche but true) piece of electronica - when Eurythmics were still good.
2. The video is very 1980s.
3. I like the bleached out effect of the sky and the sea at the start - a striking looking landscape.
4. Annie Lennox looks stunning with her red hair and shawl although I reckon she's probably freezing in the nightie she wears later on. I hope there weren't any sudden gusts of winds or anything...her crevices might get chilly.
5. What do you reckon it's all about?


5 Comments:

  • At 8:02 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    What I want to know is what's Dave Stewart doing standing at Annie's window, with a camcorder in his hand, when he was probably still married to Siobhan Fahey when this video was shot?!!

    I wonder if Dave's ever seen that movie with Anna Massey from the early 60s, "Peeping Tom" I think it was called!!!

     
  • At 1:37 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Mmmm. Was Mr Stewart married to Ms Fahey at this point though? I thought they got together later? Aaah just checked on the net and he married her in 1987. I guess they might have had a few tentative dates in 1983...in fact did you know that Siobhan and Bananarama all appeared in the "Who's That Girl" video? Perhaps that's how they met!

    I suppose you could accuse Dave of perviness although it doesn't particularly come across that way. He'd probably claim that he was just "trying to create a conceptual and aesthetically pleasing visual" or some other such intellectual bollocks that everyone loved to sprout in the 1980s!!

     
  • At 2:52 am , Blogger japanesewhispers said...

    This has to be one of my all time favourite songs. Definately my Karaoke special. What was it with Scottish people in the 80's? We had good singers back then. Not so much anymore, seems to be Yorkshire's turn. Gone yersel Annie hen!
    Let's not forget Dave, never uttered a word but a genius musician

     
  • At 2:53 am , Blogger japanesewhispers said...

    @ At Timewarden: I never knew Dave was married to Siobhan Fahey! I always imagine her a lot younger than him!

     
  • At 12:59 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Glad you're a fan Mr Whispers! Would love to hear you doing karaoke to it as well! Mmm, Ms Lennox's output these days is somewhat sparse. Yes Dave was always the silent, enigmatic one but a genius, you're right...

    As for Ms Fahey yes I think she was younger than Mr Stewart. What a cradle snatcher he is! I heard she went right off her trolley later on, must have been a delayed reaction to being in Bananarama.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home