Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The return of...???

Oh my God! It's true!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7114699.stm

So. What do we all reckon to this latest piece of info, then?

My initial thoughts are as follows:

1. Noooooo!

2. Or it could be Yesssssss, it just depends on:
a) The storyline
b) The script
c) The quality of the returning one's performance.

3. The Dr will think all of his TARDISes have come at once, with THREE lady companions now accompanying him on his travels (assuming Freema is in the season finale). Or maybe they'll be a catfight of massive proportions.

4. If the rumours about Sarah-Jane, K9 and Captain Jack coming back are also true, how the hell are they going to squeeze all these old faces into one season finale? Even bigger catfight! (Erm, actually no, that doesn't work as K9 technically isn't a cat. Catfight with a bit of dog thrown in?)

If you STILL haven't guessed what I'm harping on about, then for the honest sake of Gallifrey, click on the link above...

6 Comments:

  • At 4:49 pm , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Kylie wants to make a comeback to "Doctor Who" too, so the story goes, and she hasn't even been seen by the viewers yet!

    Big mistake bringing companions back, except for anniversary stories. Why do I already see Season Four as the worst in the programme's history when I haven't even seen a single frame?!!

     
  • At 11:48 pm , Blogger Andrew Glazebrook said...

    The Tardis is big enough, bring back all the ex assistants that's what I say !!! :)

     
  • At 7:56 am , Blogger Steve said...

    I must admit I'll be quite pleased to see Rose back - I quite liked the ol' chav...!

     
  • At 11:53 am , Blogger James Diggs said...

    Thanks for the comment on my blog about Rose’s return. I just posted my thoughts about it there and I would love to hear your thoughts.

    Peace,

    James

     
  • At 11:13 am , Blogger Boz said...

    I am *not sure* how I feel about this one. It was so good when she left, I think it would spoil it slightly.

    But am keeping an open mind and seeing what happens. Them pesky scriptwriters as dashed clever sometimes.

     
  • At 1:28 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Tim - Mmm, well for now I think Ms M is better confined to a one-off. Let's reserve judgment til we see her performance. Mind you Catherine T was meant to be just a one-off too wasn't she and look what happened there! In the world of RTD anything is possible...

    I kind of guessed you might say that about Season Four. Mind you I have serious reservations too. I was already highly wary about the return of Donna, with Ms Tyler coming back too I am warier still! See my comment on James' post for further elaboration! (Plus lots of other interesting observations from other Who fans).

    Andrew - Oh I see, you'd like that eh! At the rate they're going there won't be anyone left to bring back I reckon. Dr Who is rapidly turning into "Dr Who - This Is Your Life"!

    Steve - Rose a chav?! Naaah!! It's Donna, innit!

    James - You're welcome. Yes your post attracted lots of interesting responses!

    Boz - I think I agree, by brining back a character who "left" with so much fanfare (by sticking her in an "impossible to return" situation"), it seriously undermines the dramatic weight of the whole thing. RTD is just bowing to publicity and gimmicks, I think.

    However like you I will ATTEMPT to keep an open mind.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home