Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Och!

So. It was the ginga that won it. My prediction was correct.

Stoopid old me didn't realise that this edition of BB was taking the place of the previous celebrity one and thus only ran for a few weeks, finishing off last night in fact. The "long" BB is scheduled to start in the Summer time.

You may have gathered from my lack of posts that the latest BB wasn't exactly a priority in my life. Although I did tend to have it switched on in the background quite a bit. I kind of get the impression that none of you could be bothered to write about it either.

However I do feel that John was a worthy winner. Mature for his age but still with a sense of fun and silliness when the situation demanded it. The fact that winning the Celebrity Hijack thing automatically put him into the final did kind of narrow his chances, but it was still deserved I reckon.

Anyone else got anything to say on the matter?

4 Comments:

  • At 11:54 am , Blogger MOTHER OF MANY said...

    I love Big Brother(even though I'm getting on a bit!), Celebrity Big Brother and the summer show but this Celeb BB didn't interest me at all and I'm afraid that I didn't even watch one show.I am pleased to hear however that a 'ginga' won,as my hair was very bright ginger before I went grey.I also have 4 daughters who have varying shades of red hair.
    I know I will watch Big Brother in the summer though,I feel it has become part of the British summer.....for good or bad.

     
  • At 4:59 am , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    Thanks for that stunning photo, not a patch on the last BB one you posted...

     
  • At 7:22 am , Blogger Steve said...

    I didn't watch a single episode of this recent BB outing and for some reason I feel pure and cleansed!

    Will still probably watch the big proper BB later in the year though...!

     
  • At 1:11 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Allyson - I have to say I've felt pretty much the same. Even though it was on in the background I didn't pay it much heed. The celebrity hijack thing injected some pizazz but otherwise it didn't seem to be up to much. Next year I say they should bring back the genuine celebrity show.

    Yes the programme is practically an institution now - will it run as long as Doctor Who?!

    Amanda - I thought you'd appreciate it. I'm afraid there seemed to be a severe lack of other sexy BB pics. Perhaps I should do a gallery of past beauties/naughty bits?

    Steve - Oh you are sooo good. It's like getting over a bad addiction really isn't it?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home