Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Saturday 5th April....

... is not too far away! Yaaay!!

Most of you have already beaten me by putting this up already, but here goes:



Have to say that La Chav doesn't look too bad in this, aside from the horrid "Doctaaaaaaaa!!" shouting-silently-through-glass bit. In the talking-to-Gramps scenes she almost seems ... deep. Good grief! Will Donna prove to be a decent Doctor-foil yet?

The rest of it looks positively gripping! I will approach it with an open mind...There's choc-loads of other info about the forthcoming Season Four too, but again the diehards amongst you will most probably have read it all on t'net by now, so not much point posting it here...I might do a little (little? Ha!) new series preview soon though...

Oh and the Beeb have also done some short alien teaser trailers too if you want to check those out. Kind of blows the gaff on the return of one monster, even if the rumours about them coming back were pretty strong anyway....

And I had a very nice Easter break and trust that all of you did too. Good to get away to York and also went to see Wicked the other night, courtesy of my lovely hubbie! More anon...

OC x

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:55 pm , Blogger Paul said...

    I'll be honest, I have said from the start (check my blog) that I think La Tate will be fine - as long as she gets written for properly (that's where it's going to fall down of course).

     
  • At 7:54 am , Blogger Steve said...

    I still think East End gran would have made a better foil to Tennant's hyperactive doctor...

     
  • At 1:01 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Paul - Yes you could be right. It's if the writers play on the annoying cod-cockney screeching wishwife thing too much that it could all go (apples) and pear-shaped...

    Steve - I remember your script with fondness! Blimey, if the Gran really was to become the next companion I think that the Dr would commit suicide in about five seconds flat, leaving her at the helm of the TARDIS! Perish the thought. I think she'd make quite a good villain though...

     
  • At 12:18 am , Blogger Brand New W said...

    how did you like Wicked?? i saw the one on Broadway with Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenoweth (she's so cute!) and it was pretty good. I found the first half better than the second, in terms of music/songs with Defying Gravity being the number to beat, which it never quite did.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home