Diary of an old cheeser

Hi there! Like other blogs, this is my chance to wax lyrical (some might say talk utter cr*p) about a) what's happening in my life b) all of my pet obsessions in particular music, tv, movies, books and other generally connected things, quite often of the retro, old and "cheesy" variety. Hence the title of my blog. Feel free to leave a comment if the mood takes you. There's nothing like a good chinwag about one's favourite topics and besides I love to meet new people! Cheers, Simon

Saturday, July 19, 2008

And from the Dancefloors of Skaro...

May I present this:



And this:



I wish the second one was a bit longer!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 11:12 am , Blogger Steve said...

    LOL! Superbly edited - especially the first one... but much as I loved them I really hope they don't give Steven Moffat any ideas for the new series...

     
  • At 9:55 am , Blogger The Sagittarian said...

    "I wish the second one was longer"..guffaw!

     
  • At 9:00 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Steve - Why not? Isn't it time for Doctor Who - The Musical?

    Amanda - Well, really! How could you lower the tone like that? Something I would NEVER do...

    (!!!)

     
  • At 5:33 am , Blogger TimeWarden said...

    Well, for me, the second one is the better record. I've always seen The Crazy World of Arthur Brown as a forerunner of Alice Cooper, with the style of face paint and theatricals. Must've been a nightmare in the "TOTP" studio, though, having a guy running round with "Fire" burning from his headpiece!

     
  • At 9:02 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Tim - Yes indeed. The original
    "Fire" is a quirky classic. What happened to Arthur Brown anyway?

     
  • At 11:44 pm , Blogger Annie G said...

    Very funny OC!! Hubby and I have just arrived home after a night out. What a lovely ending to the evening - it beats a brandy floater lol.
    With regard to your earlier posting about a get-together, we're game, if you don't mind a couple of 40 and 50 somethings tagging along!

     
  • At 12:14 pm , Blogger Old Cheeser said...

    Hi Annie

    That's great to hear that you're up for a meet-up - I'll keep you posted m'dear! And age doesn't matter atall (this is an almost 40 year old talking...)

    OC x

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home